One of the first lessons we learned on the road is that traveling requires an extra energy. Maybe at the beginning we did not notice it because of the excitement of the trip but as time went by each day it was harder for us to get up, pack our tent, prepare our bags on the motorcycle and travel a few hundred kilometers until we reach a new destination and search a place to spend the night.
Sometimes we ride through areas in the rainy season, others times it would be deserts with a lot of wind although the worst for us it was when we had to climb the mountains where temperatures fell very much below zero.
The accumulated fatigue is a silent enemy that suddenly appears with fevers, vomiting and general destabilization of the body, and if it last for a long time it could end up in something much more serious.
The solution is in the food, especially in starting the day with the appropriate breakfast. The body is going to need energy but we can not start abusing the food to avoid heavy digestion before throwing ourselves on the road. Then we discovered that the ideal breakfast for us was a Super Porridge where is mixed many different ingredients that will help us to enough power for the physical effort of the trip. These are the ingredients of our breakfast that completely changed the way we travel:
1. ALMOND MILK (preferably homemade)
- Reduces bad cholesterol and has essential fatty acids for the heart
- Good for treating diarrhea and vomiting
- Facilitates intestinal transit and regulates blood sugar levels
- Cleans the liver and facilitates the elimination of toxins
3. RIPE BANANA
- Prevents cancer
- Helps to relax and maintain a healthy balance of body fluids
- Prevents constipation and diarrhea, controls fluid accumulation
- Prevents cancer cells from appearing, keeps us healthy teeth
- Protects the bones
- Fight infections, flu and colds
- Activates our brain
- Improves intestinal transit
6. CHIA SEEDS
- It makes us feel full because it absorbs 10 times their weight in water
- Help to lose weight, gain muscle mass and give a lot of energy
- It has anti-inflammatory properties.
- detoxification of the organism
- Generate vitality
- Anti-inflammatory function
8. SUNFLOWER SEEDS
- With a lot of potassium and magnesium they are perfect for physical effort
- Reduce fatigue
- It helps the the immune system
- Decrease fatigue
- Reduces fat accumulation
- Increase energy
- Reduce the risk of cancer
- Treat anemia
Porridge is so easy to make that it does not take more than five minutes to prepare it, with ingredients that we can easily transport in small pots without to need for a fridge and that only needs a small portable stove to heat it. The way to prepare it very basic, all together in a pot and five minutes in the fire as you stirring it, and believe us is much more tasty than it seems.